Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I just found and joined this forum. I have a 2017 Versys X, it has 3500 miles on it. I am 55 and have been riding bikes since I was 10. Street bikes since I was 17. I have had many street bikes, mostly crotch rockets and one Tiger and now the X.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My add ons so far

So far, I have added bar risers and T-Rex skid plate. Corbin or Kawasaki High Seat is next. I have tried repadding the hard stock seat, but can't ride more than an hour on it. So, I am going to give in and buy a new seat.

·
Premium Member
9,221 Posts
Moded seat DIY

So far, I have added bar risers and T-Rex skid plate. Corbin or Kawasaki High Seat is next. I have tried repadding the hard stock seat, but can't ride more than an hour on it. So, I am going to give in and buy a new seat.
Two things I did, I have highway pegs and 70% of my ride is using them. I redid my seat and https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/74-how-forum/122466-seat-foam-modifications-diy.html , to view that you may need to wait for full membership . I also have motorcycle pants which help to spread the pressure, I can ride 4 hours, maximum last year was a 960 KM one day ride with about 12 hours in the saddle. The highway pegs make a huge difference for my, I have a 30 inch inseam and have both the lowering link and lowering pegs.

A before shot, secret to solving was the level and previous poster.

And one of the after shots

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have tried an AirHawk in the past. Wasn't impressed, returned it. I have used Corbin seats on several bikes over the years, really liked them.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am sure the hard seat problem has been beaten to death, but I just can't see what Kawi was thinking. At least there are aftermarket seats available now.

·
Super Moderator
19,774 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

I am sure the hard seat problem has been beaten to death, but I just can't see what Kawi was thinking....
MAYBE they wanted to make it so that IF your seat was wrecked, all you had to do was get a short piece of 2x4...?:wink2:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts