Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everywone!

I'm Lucas from Brazil, and i just bought a 2016 Versys 650, almost brand new. It is my first Kawasaki in about ten years riding motorcycles, and coming from five Yamaha's, last one a XJ6N. So i would love to get any help that you guys could give.

I love the mechanical part and travelling in my area, the beautiful state "Rio Grande do Sul", the most at the south Brazil, but travelling abroad is also in the plans for the next years, hopefuly with this new machine. Count me in!:thumb:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, after almost two weeks, my Versys now its completely washed, lubricated and licensed to begin the first tests and impressions. I rode almost 200 km so far, in roads and streets, so this is what i found so far.

- The engine is rough and behave fierce at low revs. It demand to be a little gentle with the throttle to avoid some scares. There is a way to soothe this?

-The engine became more smooth at medium and high revs, specially good on the road. Economic as well, at least for my riding style.

- I'm very surprise how hot the engine became in the legs for a inline twin. Maybe its the summer of Brazil right now (lol). But i like it the abscence of a water temperature gauge. In my XJ6 i became a little paranoic when the temperature came over 100º.

- The gearbox is tight, but not hard. It makes a sonorus 'clack' in 1º, 2º and 3º.

- Its really necessarily a tank pad? Mine don't have one yet.

- There's no radiator guard, but i think its something important to avoid have your radiator stuck in a trip. What products you're recommend?

- I did'nt moved on the suspension setup yet. What tool its used to regulate the left fork?

I gess this is it for the moment.

·
Super Moderator
19,602 Posts
- Its really necessarily a tank pad? Mine don't have one yet....
I'm about 5'9", 30" inseam - my knees don't come near my tank. They touch the 'fairing' that's below the rear end of the gas tank, BELOW it.

- There's no radiator guard, but i think its something important to avoid have your radiator stuck in a trip. What products you're recommend?....
I put a leaf-guard for a roof gutter-drain-pipe onto mine - cost about $5.

AS for the left-fork issue - MY '15 is in Canada, so I can't look at it till April.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts