Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys! How are you?
My name is Alex, I am from Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and moved to Los Angeles on early January. As a biker for 9 years I couldn't bear the traffic in LA and after a lot of research ended up getting a great deal on a 2015 Versys 650 Abs with about 13k miles in pristine condition. Got it on early January and already put almost 3k miles on it just riding in the city.
Very happy with the bike comfort and gas mileage.
Back in Brazil I always had a mechanic taking care of my bikes. Cheap labor and expensive parts. Here in California I notice a difference, expensive labor and affordable parts. That's why I am going to start to do the most I can on the bike myself. Doesn't feel like paying 50 dollars for a 15min brake pads replacement!
I do want purchase a Service Manual so anybody that could help with that I appreciate the info!
I am glad to be a part of the forum and hope we can share a lot of info and ride along also!
Nice to meet you all!
Ride safe!
Alex

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Guys!

:welcome: Yes LA traffic sucks....Here are the manuals....

I do most of my work on my bike but when i need to take it to the shop i go to these guys. They do great work at a reasonable price. ...........
Thank you weljo2001, believe it or not I am delivering food on the bike to make some extra money!
Miles going up fast on my baby!:surprise:

:welcome:to the forum
THanks Canada!!!:laugh:

:welcome: aboard!

You can download the SERVICE MANUAL from this site.
Thank you Eddie!!!:wink2:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Alex, Welcome to the forum.

Question. What did you have to do to legally come to the United States? Just want to know how hard it is to help understand why so many come here illegally.

Enjoy your Versys and watch out for the crazy drivers.
Well first of all sorry taking so long to reply, I am still learning how to use the forum never realized your message and actually forgot my password.
My wife is American-Brazilian. That's pretty much how I ended up here after a 5 years relationship in Brazil we decided to come live here. I am on the process of getting my green card.
The reason I think so many people are coming from Brazil and just staying here illegally is the bad economical and political crisis the country is facing and all the factors there are consequences of these crisis.
Unfortunately a lot people come here thinking it's a perfect country and they will thrive and become sucessfull with less effort than they would in Brazil which in some way is true, but they don't realize the difficulties and issues on the path specially if you don't speak the language or have anybody to help you settle.
It is hard!
Hope that kind answers your question!
I am very happy with my Versys, hitting 23k miles already, 10k miles in 6 months...just commuting and around the city riding!
Be safe!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts