Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hola,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I came across this forum while researching the 15 Versys LT.

A little background, I started riding in 1990 and I have owned seven bikes over the years:

90 Suzuki GS 500
00 Suzuki SV 650
03 Suzuki V-Strom 1000
04 Suzuki GSXR1000
07 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS
09 Buell 1125 CR
12 Yamaha Super Tenere

I didn't want to get rid of the Tenere but had to when the wife was laid off last year. I started looking at bikes again and was looking at a Yamaha FJ09. However, I decided I wanted something a little cheaper and more fuel efficient so here I am.

·
Premium Member
16,220 Posts
:welcome: I was born and spent most of my life in Ft.Worth.

·
Premium Member
16,220 Posts
I spent my first 18 years there. Arlington Heights Yellow Jackets forever!

Heights Bites The Hardest....Dated a girl from Heights. I went to North Side High. Talk about a girl dating a boy from the wrong side of the tracks..:D

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
welcome...just wondering...I heard Texas has some new weird two up rules.."handrails required as well as "flat footboards" (instead of pegs) for the passenger...true?? if so..what's up with that? if not true..whew...I got this from a Harley Facebook page...

:cheers:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Welcome from SW Arlington (just across the highway from FW for those that didn't know).

You can't go wrong with either, but I went the less expensive route and got a used Versys (over the V-Stoms I was looking at). Love everything about it except the vibes, which may not be in a newer used model.

And Chad - there's no such two-up law in TX. I really doubt there's a big enough two-up lobby to ever get something like that passed.

·
Premium Member
16,220 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
welcome...just wondering...I heard Texas has some new weird two up rules.."handrails required as well as "flat footboards" (instead of pegs) for the passenger...true?? if so..what's up with that? if not true..whew...I got this from a Harley Facebook page...

:cheers:
Um, no.

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
:welcome: from down the road in San Antonio.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts