Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

Excited to join the forum. Got my license a little while back and my uncle has graciously let me learn on his '09 Versys.

Can anyone suggest a good disc brake wheel lock for securing the bike? Want to make sure I keep his ride safe.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

·
Registered
1,444 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,848 Posts

when using make sure you have a cord tie to the handle bar so you dont forget to take it off. Has happen to many and damage to disc can be costly.

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
An old wise man once said: "Wait until Weljo has farkled it so that you might farkle it such" :thumb:
I believe that was the Greek philosopher, Testicles. :D

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
You guys are too funny.But my excuse is.... 5 months after buying the V i went to puerto rico for a year and only got to visit her a couple of times. So while everbody else was riding thier bike i was stuck on an island reading about it. So after work with too much time on my hands a computer in my lap and a credit card in hand it all started...Well thats kinda true;) If you don't count the baldwin seat,motowerks peg block and mirror extenders,16T front sprocket,GlPro gear indicator,garmin zumo 550,givi rack v-46&v-55 topcase,z1000 mirrors 12v outlet and scorpio alarm that i put on before i left the states..:teetertooter:

This is one pile that was waiting for me when i flew home.

1286135934856-1 by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts
You guys are too funny.But my excuse is.... 5 months after buying the V i went to puerto rico for a year and only got to visit her a couple of times. So while everbody else was riding thier bike i was stuck on an island reading about it. So after work with too much time on my hands a computer in my lap and a credit card in hand it all started...Well thats kinda true;) If you don't count the baldwin seat,motowerks peg block and mirror extenders,16T front sprocket,GlPro gear indicator,garmin zumo 550,givi rack v-46&v-55 topcase,z1000 mirrors 12v outlet and scorpio alarm that i put on before i left the states..:teetertooter:

This is one pile that was waiting for me when i flew home.

1286135934856-1 by weljo2001, on Flickr
Joseph - you one SICK dude!!!
:clap:

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,190 Posts
Joseph - you one SICK dude!!!
:clap:

I have to agree. But finally i have the Versys perfect for me. The latest seat was the missing piece of the puzzle. I haven't ordered anything for it in about a month now.:eek:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a Xena (X14 I think). It works well. I haven't tested the alarm yet though, I left the plastic tab in since I don't want it going off randomly at night in my apartment complex. I am thinking of taking that out though since I just learned that a neighbor's bike was stolen a couple of weeks ago (I figured he had put it in storage).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts