Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I sold the DRZ, and yesterday my wonderful girlfriend drove with me over 2 hours to Newberry SC, where I bought a 2009 versys in blue with only 1400 miles for 4300$. I quickly laid to rest any worries that by switching to the versys from the supermoto, I'd be compromising on fun. It truly seems like a great, do it all bike. My only two complaints are that the windshield directs the air directly into my face, and the front end began to slip out on me on a particularly aggressive pass through an exit ramp. I know I can buy a new windshield, and I expect some new tires would help with that slippage. Besides that, I want to get some good side cases, and throw some steel lines on it for the brakes. By and large, though, I'm thrilled with my purchase, I think I got a great deal, and I look forward to riding her more!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been considering engine guards, but I plan to keep her mostly on road. Does that make any difference?

·
Registered
623 Posts
I've been considering engine guards, but I plan to keep her mostly on road. Does that make any difference?
Only if it falls down.

The few things that I think are really important would be a 44T tooth in the rear, and the engine guards.

You probably have OEM Dunlops, and I found those will give an indication of a little slip ea time you get to a spot that hasn't been scrubbed in. Once scrubbed in they are pretty okay though, not bad really.

The 44T in the back, to me, is a major improvement. The bike has more than enough torque to handle that ratio. And it's great having the speedo be very accurate now. I've actually taken off in 2nd a couple of times by accident and it handled it just fine.

good luck with it and have fun, it's a great bike.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No, I wasn't overtaking anyone, it was just poor phrasing on my part. That said, I'm pretty much captain Atgatt, with full leather everything and a back protector for almost every ride. Of the two kinds of riders out there, I'm the first (the kind who has gone down.) I dress for the crash.

As for the rear sprocket, what changes can I expect to see with the new ratio? Faster acceleration? Or better highway speeds? Something else all together?

·
Registered
770 Posts
So, I sold the DRZ, and yesterday my wonderful girlfriend drove with me over 2 hours to Newberry SC, where I bought a 2009 versys in blue with only 1400 miles for 4300$. I quickly laid to rest any worries that by switching to the versys from the supermoto, I'd be compromising on fun. It truly seems like a great, do it all bike. My only two complaints are that the windshield directs the air directly into my face, and the front end began to slip out on me on a particularly aggressive pass through an exit ramp. I know I can buy a new windshield, and I expect some new tires would help with that slippage. Besides that, I want to get some good side cases, and throw some steel lines on it for the brakes. By and large, though, I'm thrilled with my purchase, I think I got a great deal, and I look forward to riding her more!

Not pimping for Twisted Throttle but their parts listing for the 09 Versys is a pretty complete listing of what after market parts are avail for the bike.

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productlist/652/

There is also a review of windshield options for the 09 Versys on WebBikeWorld.com. Very happy with my VStream windshield.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts