Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a used 12 V about 300 miles from home. Picked it up and test drove it home. It was heavily modded with many items on my list. I have added quite a bit more already, and have a few more wants to get it set up for long distance touring next summer.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
nice snag :) what you plan on adding to it?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far

Installed speedys peg lowering blocks, traded a local versys seller for his baldwin seat, installed an adv gear rack, mounted a Shad 42L top box, installed a spark bright eclipse voltage monitor light, installed grips from murphskit, next up after Christmas will be a power bronze hugger, parabellum tinted shield, thinking of lowering block,as I'm on my toes but the balance is so perfect I may not bother.i plan to mount a set of Michelin pr4s in apr-May with balance beads. The plan is to do a LD ride soon after, thinking of Nova Scotia, with stops in Mn and Vt to visit relatives.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,214 Posts
Spotted the Baldwin right off. Nice Seat...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a '12 V too

Nice ride. :thumb:

I just scored a '12 V a couple weeks ago - black. All stock except for GPR exhaust. Sweet ride, really like the more upright riding posture. Moved lowering blocks from my ER-6N to the V.

I'll be on the hunt for some add-on goodies over the winter. :D

Oh...I'm a noob here too - my first post. So thanks for sharing your thread! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does anyone know?

Who was driving the green V at the Alaska/Yukon border a few years back? I think I was on my 03 gold wing bound for Stewart BC.from wasilla. Always wanted to try a V since I first saw one on the show room floor in anchorage in 08, I was in the shop buying a new 07 1200 GS left over.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Who was driving the green V at the Alaska/Yukon border a few years back? I think I was on my 03 gold wing bound for Stewart BC.from wasilla. Always wanted to try a V since I first saw one on the show room floor in anchorage in 08, I was in the shop buying a new 07 1200 GS left over.
That COULD be Fasteddie, IF I had to make a guess.

·
Super Moderator
19,571 Posts
Yamak and Jeff - it WAS "fasteddie", and you MIGHT be able to see the same bike, SAME place come June 2015....

:goodidea:

BTW - that storm in the background at the border 'helped' the GREEN HORNET become the "brown HORNET" on the TOW highway...!

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Yamak and Jeff - it WAS "fasteddie", and you MIGHT be able to see the same bike, SAME place come June 2015....

:goodidea:

BTW - that storm in the background at the border 'helped' the GREEN HORNET become the "brown HORNET" on the TOW highway...!
:thumb: That would be nice to actually meet in person. Keep me posted on your plans. maybe you can swing thru Palmer and stop by on your way :goodidea:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts