Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I just bought a Versys 650 from 2010 with 8K km. Before this I had a Kawasaki Kle 500 '99 for 7 years. So I switched up to his older brother.

I love the bikes handling and upright position.

I just installed:

- SW-crashbar
- Handguards
-Front fender extender and rearhugger.

This to make it a bit more off road. I have noticed that the Versys has less off-road abilities then my old Kle because of smaller front tire and high position of foot pedals.

Also wanna play with rear and front suspension settings. So I will look for this in the forum section.

And planning to put a Gear indicator on it. But had some trouble finding the diagnostic plug. So hoping you guys can help me later.

For the rest I'm living in Amsterdam Holland and working as a police man.

Greetings Ramon

·
Super Moderator
19,168 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

...I have noticed that the Versys has less off-road abilities then my old Kle because of smaller front tire and high position of foot pedals....
You can 'fix' that by raising your front fender, and then installing a [rear] 130/80 x 17 front tire, which has the same diameter as a 120/70 x 19 tire.

Here's my '08 'wearing' a METZLER TOURANCE in that size

and my '09 wearing the same-size METZLERS, fender raised the same way.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
<a href="http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums/images/smilies/welcomesign.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Welcome Sign" >:)</a> aboard!

...I have noticed that the Versys has less off-road abilities then my old Kle because of smaller front tire and high position of foot pedals....
You can 'fix' that by raising your front fender, and then installing a [rear] 130/80 x 17 front tire, which has the same diameter as a 120/70 x 19 tire.

Here's my '08 'wearing' a METZLER TOURANCE in that size

and my '09 wearing the same-size METZLERS, fender raised the same way.

Thanks great tip! Easy way to raise front tire without having to change rims.

I love the look of your green Versys. Nice off-road mods.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts