Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here. I have a 2011 versys, bought new in 2012. Saw online estimated fuel mileage is 63 MPG. I have never gotten over 50. I don't feel like I'm too heavy on the gas, anybody actually getting 60+?

·
Registered
245 Posts
My 2008 only gets like 40mpg and that in a good day... Granted I'm 90% city riding.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have a 2010 and have averaged 45 mpg for the last 6000 miles. One time on a bike motorcycle poker run for charity I got about 55 but never went above 60 mph.

·
Registered
179 Posts
My first fill up indicated just under 48 MPG. 2nd fill up indicated ~47.5 MPG. First fill up had 1/3 of tank used for highway and the rest was city driving. 2nd fill up was all city. Bike is bone stock w/o luggage and a V650. Just me @ 220 pounds plus a light back pack.

OP, which bike are we talking about here? It appears everyone assumed a V650.

Since no one has said it yet, :welcome: !

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts
AND 53 / 1.25 = 42.4 mpg ETHANOL gas by US law (GW Bush)!
WRONG kawdag. Goes the OTHER way, as the ethanol reduces mileage. 53 W/ alky would indicate PROBABLY 58 w/out.... (figuring the USUAL 10% alky.).

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
WRONG kawdag. Goes the OTHER way, as the ethanol reduces mileage. 53 W/ alky would indicate PROBABLY 58 w/out.... (figuring the USUAL 10% alky.).
53 / (divided by and not multiplied times) 1.25 (25% more gas for 10% ethanol average) = 42.4 mpg (reduced mileage)

For example, 42.4<53 (I assume Australia is W/O Ethanol at that mpg) = reduced mileage; 58>53 = increased mileage -> Your correlation.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I've never gotten anywhere near 63 MPG. I tend to average 45 mpg. Less when it's only riding the hills of San Francisco.

·
Super Moderator
19,450 Posts
On BIG RED in AZ, I regularly get better than 50 mpg, USUALLY in the 56+ range, and that includes all kinds of riding, including dirt, and on ONE or TWO occasions I was into the 60s....

:yeahsmile:

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
On BIG RED in AZ, I regularly get better than 50 mpg, USUALLY in the 56+ range, and that includes all kinds of riding, including dirt, and on ONE or TWO occasions I was into the 60s....

:yeahsmile:
You'll get run over driving like an old man and counting your pennies you save for gas in LA, CA! Every road every day is like a race course if you want to survive here on a motorcycle. They go down like flies here, and I don't want to be swatted next by a multitasker texting, talking, smoking, and eating behind the wheel! ymmv, lol

·
Registered
15 Posts
2500 miles on a 14 summer suburban commuting @ 48.5mpg US. I'm hard on the gas at lights sometimes... often... About 10% less on winter fuel. Got 51 on one tank.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts