Registered
2017 Kawasaki Versys-x 300; 14/46 sprockets (stock);
124 Posts
Nice ride !

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have removed the electric horn, not really loud and take up a lot of room. Installed a Bad Boy air horn, smaller and really loud.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'm talking about hose yellow horns, that is the ones I removed and replaced with an air horn.
Yes - loud - so go Denali Soundbomb Air Horn.
My video will show you how and walk you through it.
LINK: Kawasaki Versys X300 install USB ports, wireless phone cradle, lights, Denali Soundbomb air horn - YouTube
Watch to the end of the video to see the final horn location which is easy with 4 zip ties for the horn and a bracket for the compressor.

What is the new windscreen that you have on your bike ?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Very happy with the Bad Boy air horn I now have. The shield is a Madstad.
The Madstad windshield seems to be the go-to for better wind protection. I added a bracket to raise my windshield but, that didn't help much so then I added one of those clip-on toppers that adds another 3 inches and that helped with the buffeting noise. When my X300 was stock I was getting a lot of noise in my full-face helmet. I am convinced the Madstad is the way to go. The price is a bit steep, but it is what it is.
Please share a picture of your new horn and its location. There isn't a lot of room for a larger horn where the stock one is. I found that out when going to the Soundbomb split air horn as a solution.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is mounted in the stock location; the Bad Boy is bigger but not by a lot. It has the compressor and horn built together, all I did was used a small bracket as an extension of the stock bracket to move it a little lower and another bracket to firm up the mount to another bolt on the cowling. I will try and get a picture if it ever warms up here and I can get the bikes out.

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
It is mounted in the stock location; the Bad Boy is bigger but not by a lot. It has the compressor and horn built together, all I did was used a small bracket as an extension of the stock bracket to move it a little lower and another bracket to firm up the mount to another bolt on the cowling. I will try and get a picture if it ever warms up here and I can get the bikes out.
Ah HA an X300--Photos will get your a free ticket to the technical how to forum:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::cool:

Reactions: JT in GA

·
Super Moderator
20,923 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts