Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
New rider who purchased 2017 versys x 300 this summer (2020). Loving the bike and was tough to pass up with only 1800mi on it and a Corbin saddle. Interested in riding with some folks if anyone is in central Indiana area. I'm a mid-thirties Dad who's trying to be a safe smart rider and learn from those with more experience.
Thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,368 Posts
Welcome...

·
Registered
Vx300 Embrace the Revs!
278 Posts
Congrats Wally! I also picked up a 2017 Vx300 this summer with only 3k miles on it. It’s a fun bike and I’m really enjoying it. Up to 6.5k now. Sounds like you’re a new rider. I’ve had 12 bikes before this and about 300k miles in the saddle. The following assumptions work well for me: 1) nobody sees u. 2) everybody is going to cut you off. 3) everyone will rear end u. With that in mind, always stay out of blind spots, have an escape plan or route ready for when said assumptions are proved true. I like to walk thru traffic slowly whenever possible, keeping rear traffic to a minimum. Have fun when streets open up mostly. Enjoy this and the next ride!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey thanks! I appreciate it, I've done my best to be a good student and try to learn as much as possible from other riders. All 3 of those things are great tips, and the 3rd is one I see a lot of riders not doing. I see them pulling right up on the rear bumper of cars while I've been told to and practice leaving enough room for an escape route while watching mirrors. No joke, I literally had this bike for 60 seconds before someone rolled through a stop sign while texting. It was two blocks from the dealer, talk about and intro. Having a blast though, it's to the point where I get in my truck and think "I really don't want to be in here, I wanna be on the bike!"

·
Registered
484 Posts
Welcome to forum, and congrats on the machine. You may already be absorbing much content on YouTube. Check out Motojitsu for some easy tutorials on riding techniques. You can learn a lot from those videos. There are others that provide some great content as well. I only mention it as you seem eager to learn and that's great. Learn best practices and apply what you have learned. Practice in parking lot. I ride quite a bit. But I still go and practice in a lot time from time. Slow maneuvers and countersteering. Or whatever else I feel I need to work on.

·
Premium Member
10,021 Posts
Welcome from Canada 🏍

1 - 10 of 10 Posts