Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am from East Texas and looking forward to using this site regularly. I have a yellow 2012 Versys that is fun to ride except for the seat and am currently saving my pennies for a new one and a rear rack. I also own an 08 KLR. Ultimately I plan to mod the Versys for mild adventure riding and look forward to your thoughts.
Thank you for the add.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, forgot to ask, is there anything that I should do to it to make it better? For instance, on the KLR suspension upgrade, "doohickey' replacement, etc...

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
There's a lot of info on here you can pool through as "better" is in the eye of the beholder: oil brand, chain lube, windshield, lowering kit, more lighting, sprocket change, luggage, etc....

Probably the most universal recommendation is to promptly get crash bars to protect her in a drop or crash. :thumb:

:welcome:

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
:welcome:

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts
First thing you should do is head out and find the best Chicken Fried Steak you can get. I'm a Texan stuck in California..Sure miss the Tex-Mex,BBQ and Chicken Fried Steak.:D

·
Registered
124 Posts
Welcome. I planned on getting the yellow, until I walked into the dealership, and saw the all black sitting beside it. Great bike. Enjoy it. May see you on the road sometime.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Where in South/East Texas are you? It is an easy fix to modify the stock seat, you may want to try that before you start dropping a lot of money on aftermarket seats.

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
:welcome: Mod will come to you in the order that feels right! :thumb:
...or NOT. IF it falls over (or you 'low-side') you might wish it had crash-bars and hand-guards on it ALREADY...!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
:welcome: from San Antonio.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts