Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I went into a dealership yesterday with designs on a 2012 V-Strom 650. That bike had been sold. The salesguy (not pushy at all, friendly, and by chance a neighbor) told me I should take a look at a 2011 Versys they had in stock that I may be able to get a nice deal on. After talking with him for a while and looking up some reviews on my phone I decided to pull the trigger. I left that day with my new Versys. Boy is she sweet! I'm coming from a Suzi Z400SM- which, while I loved it, lacked serious highway ability and a good deal of comfort. So far I'm really digging this bike. My first addition is going to be an alumarack and removable pelican topcase. Cool to have a forum like this for the good inside info...:thumb:

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
:welcome:hate when that happens go into shop to buy a bike and walk out with a different one lol.
And in a kind twist of fate- when I get home, I find a shootout review of the Versys, the Strom and the BMW F650- and the Versys wins across the board! Actually seems to be the results of all the comparisons I can find so far...

·
Registered
842 Posts
My first addition is going to be an alumarack and removable pelican topcase.
Hi Goat

Welcome aboard

I don't know if you have chosen a rack and pelican case supplier but I wish my Versys hadn't come so fully equipped. I could have then put on a set of Caribou Pelican's.

Good luck

Big Aussie

·
Registered
379 Posts
Welcome! I drove 2 hours to look at a ninja 500, they had two the day before, only to get there and find out BOTH had been sold, i was pretty bummed but saw a slightly used 2010 Versys and asked if i could test ride it.... I was sold after that, spent about 4k more than i was planning on but i'm sure i made the right choice :thumb:

·
Registered
221 Posts
:welcome: Congrats on your new Versys!:thumb:

·
Registered
612 Posts
welcome and congratulations. The DRZ SM and Wee Strom were my two bikes before the Versys so I know for sure you made the right choice in my opinion. Some things are meant to be I guess..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts