Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
So I moved to Austin last week from Sun Valley Idaho and today I finally bought my first big boy bike. I got my endorsement way back in 2008 and bought a helmet in 2009 and then never bought a bike because I was always living in cold climates with limited riding weather. Now that I'm in Austin it seemed the perfect time to climb on one!

The wife and I have been driving all over the city to every single bike dealer to find the right first bike. I almost signed on a brand new Honda nc700x but I couldn't afford the payments and I am so glad I kept looking.

I saw a lot of 08/09's for 5-6.5k at local dealers, all with 12-30k miles and then I saw the local harley dealer had a 2008 Versys with just 3k miles for $4k! Someone please tell me I got a good deal! The thing is mint, it's a beautiful red and I am so stoked about it. Signed the papers tonight and I'm taking delivery in the morning

The only "bike" I've had so far was a 50cc scooter that I used around the ski town I lived in so I've got a lot of learning to do. Looking forward to reading all the old threads and catching up! :thanx:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Super stoked to be here. Living up by the domain/arboretum but working downtown so got the Versys as my commuter. Really looking forward to getting to know the city, the past week has been a blast already. Is there a local ride group?

·
Premium Member
16,150 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I feel like I did! I'm pretty pumped about it. Gotta get a lock, a cover, and some gloves in the morning and then hopefully the bike will be here and I can go for a ride!

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
:welcome: from San Antonio.

·
Super Moderator
19,145 Posts
...then I saw the local harley dealer had a 2008 Versys with just 3k miles for $4k! Someone please tell me I got a good deal! The thing is mint, it's a beautiful red and I am so stoked about it. Signed the papers tonight and I'm taking delivery in the morning....
You got a SMOKIN' DEAL!

:welcome:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks everyone! I took delivery today and have been building up my confidence around the neighborhood. Nervous about Mopac so I'll probably take surface streets for a bit on my way to work.
Looking forward to meeting a few of you and learning some stuff!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts