Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey yall, just joined. purchased a 2011 versys new, one year ago. had my eye on one since i heard they would be coming to the states. 12k miles on it and still smiling.
my riding history over the past 8 years was spent mostly on a 78 kz650 done up, but also including; 73 cb350, 91 sportser 883/1200 conversion, 70 trophy250(still have it at a garage in minneapolis) and currently a 2000 zrx1100
after a quick break in on the versys (and a few trips to boston and PA, to make suspension and gear adjustments) i rode from Queens to Colorado and back.
crash bars,some cases, barkbusters(im not sure why, cuz i dont ride through the woods but they are nice splitting lanes in nyc) and i headed out. had a blast. round 7k miles of fun and a month away from work. rode through 800 miles of rain. my jacket seems to be water resistant not water proof. free ways to back roads to fully loaded w gear and racing through the rockies it did me just fine. its like a swiss army knife.
thanks for posting all y'all, been rummaging through for the past few days and finally joined.:cheers:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
16,056 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome. That sounds like a great trip.
Are those the 46 or 52 litre Trekkers? I have the 33's on my 1000 and really like them.a
They are the 46. I jus threw two well thought out back packs in them and was all set. The dry bag on back I had my tent and sleeping bag and a tripod cargo netted securely. It was my first big trip and I was surprised how much stuff ya need!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome. Nice pics! What's it like lane splitting with those cases on? They look HUGE.

:welcome:
They are huge. Splitting lanes is always tricky but once your used to em it's ok. I just passed on the shoulder like jerk till I got comfortable w them. It was still skinnier than my brothers road glide and my uncles 1200rt. Bumped into the gas station pillars at the pump a few times so they look well worn.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 11 of 11 Posts