Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm Kevin and new to the forum but not to motorcycles.

I bought a new 2019 (metallic moondust and some more colours) Versys 650 tourer a few weeks ago, after testing all bikes in that class. The Kawa was just the best and most comfortable for me.

I'm looking forward to spending some time here and see what others do to and with the Versys.

·
Premium Member
16,153 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
And noticed a nice one today: one of the bolts that you have to undo to lower or raise the windscreen turned itself loose after about 5 miles of cobblestone road...

·
Super Moderator
19,168 Posts
And noticed a nice one today: one of the bolts that you have to undo to lower or raise the windscreen turned itself loose after about 5 miles of cobblestone road...
Suggest you "go over" the fasteners, ESPECIALLY your caliper bolts (ALL SIX!). Looks like your dealer didn't.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If you don't mind my asking, where do you live where you have 5 miles of cobbles to ride on?

Also, welcome!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Suggest you "go over" the fasteners, ESPECIALLY your caliper bolts (ALL SIX!). Looks like your dealer didn't.
Oh my dealer did a good job, it was just the big knob to change the height of the screen that got loose.

If you don't mind my asking, where do you live where you have 5 miles of cobbles to ride on?

Also, welcome!
Thanks, I live in Belgium. The cobbles I rode on where located in the French part of the country.

·
Super Moderator
19,168 Posts
Oh my dealer did a good job, it was just the big knob to change the height of the screen that got loose....
On my FIRST ride (breaking-in my '15 V650), one of those adjusters fell off, so the dealer replaced it, and then I CHECKED everything else, myself, and NOTHING has fallen off in about 65,xxx kms, since I did the "pre-flight" they SHOULD HAVE DONE!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts