Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Peeps,

I’m a Versys-X 300 owner & came across this forum, whilst looking for info on seats.
I’ve had this bike for nearly a year & 3300 miles so far all with a sore butt. It was bought for two reasons, one as a winter bike & it has proved worthy when combined with my Gerbring eclectrically heated jacket & gloves, for my then 100 miles round trip commute mostly on freeways.

The other purpose was for gentle green laning in the UK, which I have been doing some this last week, whilst between jobs. I’ve fitted Mitas E07 tyres front & rear & they work well both on & off road.

Just waiting for the Seatconcepts tall seat cover to arrive tomorrow & a Ricoshet skid plate, as my home made crap guard took a beating last week, but did it’s job & saved the sump.

I’ve been riding for 40years & have a very modified VFR800 for summer use & a very modified ZZR250 that was my old winter bike now over hauled & a project bike for fun.

Regards

Chris.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Seatconcepts + Green lanes 👍

So I have to have two posts before I can participate. Just fitted a searconcepts talk kit & it’s much better than stock. I did 5hrs in the saddle yesterday & it was just getting uncomfortable. So I’m happy 👍😀.

The 5 hours was spent seeking out & riding green lanes & I only managed to visit about half of those I found from maps. So plenty more to go. The bike has Mitas E07 tyres fitted & did really well. The only slight issues were on steep up hill sections with a large pebble base covered with leaf litter which was mostly wet, so slippery. And one section of very wet mud riding in a tractor track. Other than that the bike did great covering the better sections at 15-20mph & plodding through the difficult bits at 5-10mph 😎👍👍

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Seatconcepts + Green lanes 👍

So I have to have two posts before I can participate. Just fitted a searconcepts talk kit & it’s much better than stock. I did 5hrs in the saddle yesterday & it was just getting uncomfortable. So I’m happy 👍😀.

The 5 hours was spent seeking out & riding green lanes & I only managed to visit about half of those I found from maps. So plenty more to go. The bike has Mitas E07 tyres fitted & did really well. The only slight issues were on steep up hill sections with a large pebble base covered with leaf litter which was mostly wet, so slippery. And one section of very wet mud riding in a tractor track. Other than that the bike did great covering the better sections at 15-20mph & plodding through the difficult bits at 5-10mph 😎👍👍
This is your thread, you can continue here, if later you want some of the posts moved to a different thread, just say the word>:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts