Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 2016 Versys 650 LT. So far I love the bike. The previous owner added heated grips, throttle lock, power outlet, and a gel seat. I got it for an amazing price. What other mods would you guys recommend? Crash bars? Running lights?

·
Super Moderator
19,625 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

...What other mods would you guys recommend?....
Crash bars?

YES!

Running lights?

YES!

...and a better horn as onewizard ponted out, tho' I use the WOLO Bad Boy from Harbor-Freight (about $29.99) altho' my pics show a STEBEL Nautilus on my "since-retired" '09, and mount it under the left-side upper-fairing:

·
Premium Member
9,209 Posts
Deleted Post

Just bought a 2016 Versys 650 LT. So far I love the bike. The previous owner added heated grips, throttle lock, power outlet, and a gel seat. I got it for an amazing price. What other mods would you guys recommend? Crash bars? Running lights?
FYI, two things, deleting your post put you back as to the time clock for starting or posting in other forums ( 2 days 48 hours). Since you deleted it, your choice, however in Ontario Canada , all selling and buying requires a used vehicle package, I will highlight a key area, which they ( licensing / taxation) are required to honor no matter what the person behind the counter says.Keep in mind, it is the seller that is responsible for stating the price, it is also prudent to have a copy of a certified cheque with that amount, keep in mind, accepting them to state it is worth more, implies you have falsified information.

Ask to see the Used Vehicle Information Package
Read the information included in the package carefully before you buy the vehicle. Check out a suspicious vehicle history. Further information may be obtained from the Ministry of Transportation
Verify the vehicle’s emissions testing history for vehicles seven years and older by checking Drive Clean website. You will need the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) to run this free search. Note that if you purchase a vehicle with a conditional pass test result received on or after April 1, 2017, you will need to make all required emissions repairs by your next registration renewal date because your vehicle will not qualify for a consecutive conditional pass.
If you buy the vehicle, make sure the seller gives you the package
Get the vehicle permit with the completed Application for Transfer from the seller.
Get the "Bill of Sale" from the seller. Make sure the seller fills out their name and signature, date, and purchase price
Bring the plate portion of the vehicle registration permit (if you are attaching your plate to the vehicle).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts