Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ride an old harley.....and yes going around corners and at lights I rev it....it sounds awsome.....ya gotta agree....

anyway....my riding style has changed....and i'm kinda getting sick of wrenching on my 30 yr old HD.

This looks like an awsome bike.....I'd love a buell ulysses but way outa touch for this guy. so I read the reviews watched some vids....I want one of these Kaws.

how capable offroad are they....just dirtroads or will they take light to med trails????

is there a little more agressive tires available????

i'm sure other questions will arise???

I live in a rural town in northern sask......miles of logging roads 'd love to explore but don't really want an off road bike....when I want to get on and go for a 6hr drive.....I don't want to be on a dirt bike.....

this versa looks awsome......sounds good....and looks to perform well...

help me out....don't hate me cause I ride a harley......honestly its awsome...but it doesn't like gravel roads.

and I wave at everyone.....

God bless.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Glad to see you're thinking of one of these bikes RIGIDRIDE! My wife just bought a 07 this weekend & we went to pick it up in Vancouver, a 4 1/2 hour ride from our house. She is a beginner rider, so I rode it back for her. My ride is a 06 BMW K1200R with 163 HP, so I really wasn't looking forward to the ride home!! But I can honestly tell you that this bike rocks!! It's got to be the most funnest bikes I've ever ridden! Comfortable ergos, powerful engine,great handling, awesome fuel mileage,& good looks(IMO). I would seriously consider one of these bikes for myself. I don't know about it's offroad capabilities though, I might lean toward the KLR 650 for your type of riding. But on the highway, the twin eats the single!!:thumb:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Versys will handle logging roads no problem. Changing to a more aggressive tire will definitely help. With alloy tubeless wheels, it doesn't like pot holes and having a small front wheel (compared with a KLR or other dual sports) its not going to be up to single track or trails-in my view.

You'll also need to consider some crash bars if you off road it (or even if you don't). I have Hepco and Becker, highly recommend them, saved the bike on a low speed spill. Plus you can add highway pegs to the H&B's so you won't get HD withdrawal.

But owning both a KLR & Versys, V is hands down more sophisticated engine, great on the highway, commuting, almost untouchable in the twisties and a great upright riding position.

Machog

·
Registered
29 Posts
Budgets matter

You might want to look seriously at a KLR650. You can find them used for $2500, there is HUGE after market support, and if you have wrenched on a Harley for years the KLR is a breeze for maintenance. If you think you will be spending most of your time on gravel with this bike, and most of your time at UNDER 60mph ( 100kmph) I would give the nod to the KLR. I am coming from a KLR to the Versys. Getting the V to be fun, not just "doable" on gravel takes a few bucks ( for me -tires, -definitely tires- crash bars, skid plate, hand guards, pegs). The V will KICK ASS on pavement, but the KLR gets the nod on gravel, fire roads, and logging roads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts