Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. First let me thank you in advance for any input received. I figured that turning to a forum that is focused on the Versys would be a good idea based on what I am after. I am working on a custom road-race bike for a guy and the slip-on that was used is originally intended for a Versys. It is a LeoVince SBK EVO-II under-slung silencer. I am in search of the stock restrictor (AKA-dB killer) that originally came with this piece of kit. My goal is to reduce the sound level of this machine. If anybody has one they are willing to part with, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks - Steve in Ohio

·
Super Moderator
1,488 Posts
It might be easier to make one.
I won't part with mine either.

The db killer is a push in fit with a securing screw.

The outer cup fits nice and snug in the outlet of the exhaust and is about 2in long then there is a smaller inner pipe that has a bend in it near the cup that goes inside.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies so far and the suggestion to check out a Ninja 650 forum. If I can't come up with one of these restrictors in a few days, I was planning on fabricating one. If someone has one out of their bike, would you mind taking some measurements? I would be interested to know the ID and lengths of the tube used for the inner tube and whether or not it is perforated or has other holes in it. A picture would be great if anybody could come up with one.

How effective is it at reducing the sound level? Has anybody measured the dB reduction?

Thanks again everybody.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I also came across that drawing on the LeoVince website, however couldn't quite figure the equivalent piece on ebay. Thanks for the help with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts