Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, Hope every body here is having fun.
Greetings from canada.
Just recently bought a 2014 kawaski versys 650 from a fellow rider and been riding for it for 3 weeks now.

I'm not sure if i can post questions immediately after joining the forum, but here it goes.
I bought the SW - motech crash bars for the versys (fortnine.ca/en/sw-motech-crashbar-black-sbl-08-508-10000-b"]https://fortnine.ca/en/sw-motech-crashbar-black-sbl-08-508-10000-b) and was trying to install it with the bike standing on its side stands .
I figured out the install points with ease, but while removing one of the bolts, near the gear shifter i was afraid that I might drop the engine or side stand.
Is it advised to install it on a rear stand or am i just worrying too much.

The Picture is from another post by N00bster, all credits to him.

All help is appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hello Everyone, Hope every body here is having fun.
Greetings from canada.
Just recently bought a 2014 kawaski versys 650 from a fellow rider and been riding for it for 3 weeks now.

I'm not sure if i can post questions immediately after joining the forum, but here it goes.
I bought the SW - motech crash bars for the versys (fortnine.ca/en/sw-motech-crashbar-black-sbl-08-508-10000-b"]https://fortnine.ca/en/sw-motech-crashbar-black-sbl-08-508-10000-b) and was trying to install it with the bike standing on its side stands .
I figured out the install points with ease, but while removing one of the bolts, near the gear shifter i was afraid that I might drop the engine or side stand.
Is it advised to install it on a rear stand or am i just worrying too much.

The Picture is from another post by N00bster, all credits to him.

All help is appreciated. Thank you
I've been known to use tie downs to a handy wall/beam/immovable object when reefing on stuff. center stands and/or paddock stands make the job easier, but everybody has tiedowns and firmly anchored objects available.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been known to use tie downs to a handy wall/beam/immovable object when reefing on stuff. center stands and/or paddock stands make the job easier, but everybody has tiedowns and firmly anchored objects available.
Thanks!. Yes, I did something similar. I put a jack with a little pressure right under the engine case to remove excess loads on the other bolts.
Finally got it installed last friday, did a couple of 130kmph runs and 80kmph+ crusing.
The engine guards work well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts