Criteria
- good ventilation in upright riding positon
- need to have room (ear pockets) to install a Bluetooth headset
- fit - long oval to medium oval, Shoeis and HJC helmets do not fit my head
- full face, not interested in modular or adv style
- ECE or Snell rated
- would like to have pinlock compatibility
- ability to wear glasses
- reasonably light weight and quiet, no giant shells (comes in more than 2 shell sizes)

Interested in the Bell Star MIPS but it seems a bit pricey. Also LS2 helmets seem to fit well but are very cheaply priced, is something missing from them? I also take a XL to 2XL in a LS2 while I take a L in most other helmets. Suggestions, also where to buy. Many helmets are cheaper in US compared to Canada even with exchange rate. Not sure why.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Icon Airmada meets most of your requirements. Excellent ventilation, long oval, full face, reasonably light, multiple shell sizes. The helmet has a "race" fit, with a small opening so it can be a challenge to put on and take off.

I had Sena SMH5-FM installed and the speakers were a snug fit. No pinlock, but anti-fog coating is decent. Wore thin wire framed glasses without issue. Ear plugs are a requirement with all helmets, so the noise of the many vents wasn't an issue.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Icon Airmada meets most of your requirements. Excellent ventilation, long oval, full face, reasonably light, multiple shell sizes. The helmet has a "race" fit, with a small opening so it can be a challenge to put on and take off.

I had Sena SMH5-FM installed and the speakers were a snug fit. No pinlock, but anti-fog coating is decent. Wore thin wire framed glasses without issue. Ear plugs are a requirement with all helmets, so the noise of the many vents wasn't an issue.
Icon Armada or Alliance looks like it might be something for you. I think you have to determine what shape you are then determine your price point. From what I’ve read the cheaper helmets have noise and fogging issues.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts