Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, here we are!

After two cruisers (one of them a Kawasaki) I finally got to buy a Versys, 2012 model, no ABS. A really nice bike, though I didn't have much of a chance to ride - it's cold in Russia, and we're bound to have snow soon. So for now I am content with observing it in a garage and making arrangements to install long haul equiptment on it, saddlebags and what not. In Spring 2015 I'll be taking that wine-red dude for a ride! :yeahsmile:

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
34 Posts
Welcome Alexei! I too came from two cruisers. I still have one of them since my wife doesn't like to ride the Versys. Enjoy!

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
:welcome: My lovely wife has two cruisers - a Suzuki S40 Boulevard and a Yamaha Virago. She loves both of them.

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
34 Posts
ddreese, thanks! What cruisers did you fancy?
I started off riding with a VStar 650 and then moved up to the VStar 1300. Great touring bikes but I wanted something a little more fun in the twisties and more agile in traffic on my commute. The bright red of my '08 Versys is noticed a lot more in traffic than the dark blue of my 1300.

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Welcome back Alex and glad you finally got a Versys so you must post a photo. Was supposed to ride today but cancelled as the warm winds to strong, we have a very warm norwester blowing which also dries everything out and gives me a headache

·
Premium Member
16,251 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Photo, huh...? 'Kay, I'll post one. However it's bound to be rather dark, as my garage is kinda like a dungeon, with dim lights and everytghing. =) Will try to take pictures later this week.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's the new family member. Scored a ride yesterday despite the chills - weather was dry. Registered the bike with the authorities, so I'm street-legal, and waiting for Spring 2015!

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts