Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At my age it's fun to be new!!:D
Hello all, still riding my 1996 BMW R1100RT with 110,000 miles and I need a new toy. I like what I see in the 2015 650 LT, looks like it will do everything the Beemer has done so well but 150 pounds lighter and faster if the reviews on the 2014 are similar. The lower alternator output is a concern but it seems you guys are running heated gear without too much stress (yes,add a voltmeter) My big concern is lack of a centerstand. I change my own tires and do my maintenance at home unless it gets too deep, so I'm thinking about a lift. Does anyone use one and how does the muffler handle it?? Never used a track-stand, not sure about it...:feedback:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Hatteras eh? welcome from the other side of the pamlico sound.

use spool (pit) stands rather than a dirtbike type stand

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
track stands work fine , rear spools give a good pick up location , dont set the bike on its belly it dosnt like it

·
Premium Member
16,219 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
track stands work fine , rear spools give a good pick up location , dont set the bike on its belly it dosnt like it
Ok, so far so good. What about the front wheel? will the same track stand work on the front? Are track stands adjustable? Sorry if my questions are obtuse but I really have never even SEEN a trackstand.

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
:welcome: from San Antonio, TX and another BMW owner - 1993 K75S though it has only 53000 miles on the clock. Just about broken in. :thumb:

·
Super Moderator
19,606 Posts
...so I'm thinking about a lift. Does anyone use one and how does the muffler handle it?? Never used a track-stand, not sure about it...:feedback:
Sometimes I use a lift under the muffler (the bike on T-Rex 'track-stands' which I STRONGLY endorse!) when necessary, but CAREFULLY. I also have the T-Rex front stand w/ the attachment for going into the steering-stem for changing front tires. Works just FINE!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts