Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
166 Posts
When I got mine, I knew it needed a windshield and got a Givi. Not as tall as your V-Stream. I liked the Givi instantly, adjusted about 1.5" from bottom, manages the wind just fine. I've not had a V-Stream on the V1k.... I never felt I needed risers, first bike ever to be like that.

I am OK with the pegs where they are, and got a Holeshot Corbin seat... comfy all day. I would like to lower the bike slightly, half of what kits are out there.... say 20mm. I did raise the forks in the triple clamp about 1/2"..... which makes the side stand ever so slightly long.... I do have a foot on it.

Sidestand foot, they're cheap and fit like a glove...... pick a colour.

Mirrors are OK to me where they are. The shape lets you see quite a bit behind you, I wouldn't want anything different for mirrors. Extenders might be OK and they are cheap also.

Mine came with the Kawasaki top box, which is a Givi 47 in disguise, has the Kawi mount plate. You can make something up, like a 1/4" aluminum plate to go on top of the stock plate..... paint it with truck bed liner spray, it's more robust than black paint.

·
Super Moderator
20,812 Posts
...Rider lowering pegs (Motowerks) were also a nice addition for me. They provided a little more bend in the knee over OEM. Just make sure you are not lazy in the sweeping turns. Keep the balls of the feet on the pegs!...
2. Footpeg lowering kit for me, and if I can find one, for my passenger as well. Yes, I will have to watch my foot position in the aggressive corners. Always do, or at least try to remember to....
When I took an "advanced riding" course, the BEST advice I got was to ride w/ the balls of my feet on the footpegs.

Your boot will not touch down doing that, UNLESS you are WAY OVER "BANKED", in which case you'll have OTHER issues....

·
Registered
484 Posts
When I took an "advanced riding" course, the BEST advice I got was to ride w/ the balls of my feet on the footpegs.

Your boot will not touch down doing that, UNLESS you are WAY OVER "BANKED", in which case you'll have OTHER issues....
You are correct on the foot positioning at all times. My point that I was trying to make. With the suggested foot pegs. It is imperative that you remember and position your balls of the feet on the pegs. No getting lazy. Otherwise, you will find your foot potentially being pulled under the peg.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts