Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
167 Posts
When I got mine, I knew it needed a windshield and got a Givi. Not as tall as your V-Stream. I liked the Givi instantly, adjusted about 1.5" from bottom, manages the wind just fine. I've not had a V-Stream on the V1k.... I never felt I needed risers, first bike ever to be like that.

I am OK with the pegs where they are, and got a Holeshot Corbin seat... comfy all day. I would like to lower the bike slightly, half of what kits are out there.... say 20mm. I did raise the forks in the triple clamp about 1/2"..... which makes the side stand ever so slightly long.... I do have a foot on it.

Sidestand foot, they're cheap and fit like a glove...... pick a colour.

Mirrors are OK to me where they are. The shape lets you see quite a bit behind you, I wouldn't want anything different for mirrors. Extenders might be OK and they are cheap also.

Mine came with the Kawasaki top box, which is a Givi 47 in disguise, has the Kawi mount plate. You can make something up, like a 1/4" aluminum plate to go on top of the stock plate..... paint it with truck bed liner spray, it's more robust than black paint.

·
Registered
2016 Versys 1000 CBF1000 VFR800
167 Posts
I found a 20mm kit that some had made custom, and it just came in my mailbox. The person I got it from went with an aftermarket shock that has adjustable ride height.......
I'm OK on the bike as is, I just feel it's a tad tall, and doesn't need to be. 40mm lowering is just too much, affects several other things and may touch down hard parts too easily.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts