Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Everyone, my name is Jacob and I'm a somewhat new Versys owner. I have had mine for probably 4 months now. Overall I love the bike, but to my dismay, I will be selling it soon. I am 5'9" and 130lbs and I find the bike to be too large. While moving it is fine, but coming to stops, on hills, riding with a passanger, and at slow speeds to versys is too large. I feel like I'm constantly "managing" instead of enjoying the ride. I ride for enjoyment, not to manage. I'm a pretty experienced rider so it has nothing to do with that. I'm just not as comfortable on it as I am on many other sportbikes. Sadly, the bike will be replaced with a 2014 Yamaha FZ6R.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I see how big you are now.. but still don't know which bike you got, the 650 or the 1000

There are ways to make the bike more manageable for shorter/smaller riders... You can get a lowering kit, a shorter seat... all depends on what kind of riding you want to do.. if you want to get into touring, you might want to see if you can modify the bike to suit you better... if you're just commuting, then maybe a shorter overall bike is a better idea for you.

Sorry you're not having the best experience quite yet. Hopefully you find something you like!

·
Registered
943 Posts
I'm 5'9" and 29" inseam and lowered mine.

Still not flat-footed but very manageable (for me).

Versys is not for everyone - that's why they make so many different models. Something for everyone.

:D

Good luck on your new bike !

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts