Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Boise, ID. Bought myself a sweet 2008.

I used to be a 2008 EX650R racer but crashed my body hard last season so I'm taking a season or two off to recoupe my body, brain, and wallet. (Still won the 2011 Twins GTU and GTO championship at Miller Motorsports Park. Thanks.)

Fan of the Kawasaki 650 twin engine. Liked the Versys since it came out.

Wow! This forum is crazy compared to the Ninja 650R forums. Non-stop fans and enthusiasts. Probably twice the traffic in an hour than the 650R's post in a day.

Hope to contribute constructive input. I'll likely be posting in the Tech and Performance threads most.

I'm a tuner and performance oriented rider. I see there's not a heckuv a lot of that compared to the Ninja forum guys. Versys riders apparently like to mount stuff to their bikes. That's cool. I think its a GT/ST bike. I had a VFR and did a lot of sport touring.

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
22 Posts
:welcome:glad to have you aboard! Im sure we will use your experience soon enough!

·
Registered
223 Posts
:welcome: from Buffalo!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Glad to have you on the forum, and congrats on your new ride!
What's the 650 Forum you were on?
I was looking at the BRP site and it seems like it was active a few years ago but not really now. Mounting up the Versys Swingarm was the hot ticket!

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Baron650: I mostly lingered on the the BRP site. It seemed the one most useful to bumping performance out of the Ninja650. It has slowed down in the last year, but some of that might just be seasonal too. Versys riders are likely more year rounders and tinker-types than the average Ninja owner.

I'm currently staring at my spare Ninja motor and wondering if the head needs mounted to the Versys. I have some spare Ninja and Versys cams as well.

Thanks for the welcomes.

I'll try to be useful.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welcome Idaho! Enjoy that bike. I lived in Pocatello and Idaho Falls while going to ISU. lots of great places to ride- had a Kawasaki 440 LTD- the tank never seemed to go dry. Loved it, great memories.

·
Registered
221 Posts
:welcome:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts