Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an '09 Versys from the dealer on Saturday, brand new off the dealers floor with 10 miles on it. When I first saw it, thought it was a used bike because they had it off to the side, but no, only 10 miles showing on the odometer, dealer certifies it as such. Since I was a cash buyer was able to get a decent deal on it. First bike in 30 years, and first street bike ever. Put 42 miles on it first day just getting the feel for it. Have already found one or two things I'm not crazy about, main one being light output from the headlight.

·
Premium Member
16,220 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
geez, I didn't even make it two full days of ownership and I just dropped $600 on parts, this, this is gonna be a problem

·
Registered
716 Posts
You might check the headlight adjustment. Mine was pointed too low when I bought it. It's still not great, but better than it was. Easy adjustment, which you can sometimes do without removing the right faring, (although easier, esp the first time if you do remove said faring). Others have used 60W Osram H7 bulbs to greater effect I believe.

·
Premium Member
16,220 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,624 Posts
Welcome, some here have added extra lights, has not bother me much as do not do a lot of night riding.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Welcome. Just picked one up just like it about a month ago only mine was used (1800 mi). Have had no issues with it so far.

·
Premium Member
16,220 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Welcome!
June 9-12 I'm going to be going up Mt. Evans and Pikes Peak . . .anything I should be concerned about?
should be beautiful conditions, going to be in the 90's starting next week

1 - 13 of 13 Posts