Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just signed up here to find out more about the Versys. Local dealer has a 09 blue for $5500, but wants about $650 more in "fees", what's a fair price these times for this bike?
Has there been much change in the last two years with the Versys?
I'll be studying the forum and learning all I can about this model, it's really got my interest.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Welcome houndawgg!

I bought a new left over 09 last September. (Canadian Prices...) the MSRP was $8,649. It was discounted ($2,150) to $6,499. Sounds about comprable to what you have there. I was more than happy to get a discounted 09 over a full price 10.

Good luck. You'll love it.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Shop around, I think you could find a better deal than that. When negotiating, the only thing that matters is "drive out" price.

·
Registered
4,762 Posts
Welcome. If "fees" includes sales tax and title and you have an out the door price at $6150, seems like a fair price to me. If you can haggle a couple hundred off the out the door price (they should wiggle some), then the deal gets sweeter.

I ride the 2010 which is black, but the blue 09 was my second choice. I love the color.

:goodluck:

·
Registered
245 Posts
Welcome to the forums, what a great group of people this place is made from.

·
Registered
244 Posts
In my opinion, you may be able to do better than that. I'd advise putting that offer on the backburner for a while and continue to shop around. Their really are some GREAT deals out there! Welcome to the forum, good luck and happy hunting! :thumb:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Here's a recent thread about some of the good prices you can find on leftovers.

I have a blue '09 I bought last May for $4,900, and final out-the-door cost with sales tax and everything was $5,350. I think Kawasaki dealers have worked down some of that inventory backlog, but as the thread linked above shows, there are still some deals like that to be had. Just a question of whether you can find one close to you.

Good luck. Lots of good information here.

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
:welcome:aboard and :goodluck:

Trust we will see you with your V soon and do post some pictures.

All the best :thumb:

:cheers:

·
Registered
875 Posts
Welcome!

Pull the trigger when you can't take not riding a minute longer. You'll always find a better deal after you've put your money down...at least thats been my experience.

You'll be happy with the bike longer if you get it sooner!:D:D:cheers:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the welcomes & replies gang. I'm sitting on 3 bikes now, so not desperate to buy.
I'm about neutral on a V or WeeStrom if the right deal come along.
I'll be watching this forum and gaining all the knowledge I can to help me make a choice.
I went to the NYC show Fri. and they had a flat black V there all farkled up, man it was sweet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts