Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm 46 and just getting back into motorcycling. After much reaserch to go with I finally decided to go with the Versys. This is probably my sixth motorcycle over my lifetime to own so if there any tips tricks for things I need to know about this bike please let me know. Thanks

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
286 Posts
Welcome! Just spend some time reading and researching the forum. It's all here, 'Search' is your friend.

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is only my 2nd bike ('15 Versys 650).
My first bike is a '99 Suzuki Bandit (still have it).
Don't know what you owned in the past but this bike rides a lot different than the Bandit. I was concerned because of the vibration and chugging at low RPMs.
Apparently that's just how this bike/engine is.
I thought there was something wrong with it (I have posts here asking people about it) to the point that I asked the guy who sold it to me to come to my house and test ride it around to make sure nothing was wrong with it.
I thought maybe they forgot to tighten some bolts etc.
Now I have about 3,500 miles on it and am completely comfortable with it. Essentially just need to keep it above 4K RPM.
The Bandit is not like that in any way so it threw me off.
I also wound up lowering my Versys because it was a bit too tall for me (even with a lowered seat) but now that I can flat foot it I have a lot more confidence.
I personally wish it sounded a bit more sporty and less like a dirt bike but it is what it is.
Good luck to you. Hope you enjoy it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts