Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been riding more than 50 years. Just added a neked 2018 650 KLE to the stable. I've wanted a bike I can occasionally take off of the pavement with the goal of riding to Alaska in 2020. I'll be looking to you guys for advice on mods and add-ons. I've already run into a little trouble with pannier fitment on a 2018. I love hearing different opinions on what does and doesn't work and get a lot of inspiration for my trips from others ride reports. I look forward to following y'all.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Don't waste money on the Kawasaki genuine tough box "pizza box" like I did. Only if you have many kawasaki tour in your fleet. Great box but if your buying the attachment and the box comes up to $800. There is a lot more options for that kind of money. If you do highway riding like me throttle lock and 16/46 sprocket or 15/43, some don't like it but I find it awesome.

·
Super Moderator
7,766 Posts
:welcome:aboard and congrats on your new ride. By 2020 you will have enough info from the forum members on your proposed trip that it will be like done and dusted.:wink2:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the welcome and the advice already given. For the last 30 plus years I've purchased full dress road bikes so picking compatible accessories is a bit of an eye opener. Since I haven't yet won the lottery it's important I get most of these picks right the first time. I think this is going to be a real fun bike and can't wait to get it put together.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts