Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone! just got a new ride last night. its a new 2012 versys......its been sitting around awhile waiting for an owner.

i sold my 07 sv650s so i could get this thing......its more my style. i had a klr650 for the last few years as well and the versys is a nice mix of comfortable and powerful.....but a bread maker could also be called fast when compared to a klr.

ive got a trip to alaska planned for this june and this was kind of a last minute change but i think its for the best. its funny i spent a year planning and getting the sv ready and then with just 2 months left im in a new saddle. o well. plans are still the same....just a different bike. as the trip gets closer i will make up a thread for my ride report.

thanks for the cool forum and ill do my best to contribute!:D

·
Registered
612 Posts
Welcome and looking forward to the report. The Versys is a very capable machine for your trip and way more comfortable.

·
Premium Member
16,146 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
97 Posts
Welcome aboard. I've done the Alaska thing (not on the Versys though). It's a great experience! Find some time for BC on your way up or back or both. That place offered up some great riding and spectacular scenery.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I did Alaska on a KLR and fixin' to take a KLR to South America. I also have a black '12 Versys. The Versys should work well for Alaska. Coming to Salt Lake City middle of May on the Versys to go to the Octane driving school.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts