Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
'16 V1K, '17 Moto Guzzi V7III, '17 Honda CRF250L Rally
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello all. I've been lurking for a few months. Initially for help trying to decide on a new ride. Then, after this motorbike followed me home from Pennsylvania to New Hampshire in July (sight unseen with around 2900 miles on the clock), for mod and service information.
Tire Fuel tank Plant Wheel Vehicle

As you can see, it came with a heated Corbin seat plus the original, engine guard, highway pegs (since relocated farther back), belly pan, aux lights, SW Motech adjustable pegs heated grips, 16/41 sprockets, 12V power socket, . I have since added a BeadRider (the ceramic beads do get hot and hold heat. I like wooden beads better and the Corbin is hard). I also added a radiator protector, Puig windscreen with feabay extender and fleabay 1" risers. After I rode about 2000 miles through the Poconos, Catskills and Adirondaks the OEM front was pretty cupped and the back pretty square at 4800 miles. I've added Dunlop Roadsmart IV's (the Dunlop website says they don't fit????) and 90 degree valve stems. I'm waiting on a 1" yoga mat to cut up and fit under the BeadRider. I'm also have a front fender extender that needs fitting. I've contacted Steve at Shoodaben to address the on/off throttle response during slow speed maneuvers. All of my additions have been influenced by member inputs. Thank you!

Premium Member
Welcome from Canada

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the welcome. I'm hoping this will be my second post and start the 48 hour clock.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
78530i, I'm on the seacoast.. You have a treasure of a road in the Mohawk Trail out your way. I try to get out that way if I'm heading southwest. If I'm crossing the Hudson I head a little farther north to avoid the tolls/traffic.

Registered
78530i, I'm on the seacoast.. You have a treasure of a road in the Mohawk Trail out your way. I try to get out that way if I'm heading southwest. If I'm crossing the Hudson I head a little farther north to avoid the tolls/traffic.

You are right. RTE 2 is a regular ride for us. Also, Mt Greylock. I took a solo ride on Labor Day up to Lake Sunapee. Thinking of hitting the Portsmouth area this weekend.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Portsmouth airshow is at this weekend at Pease. The Thunderbirds perform at 4pm Saturday and Sunday. If you're looking for company, I'd be happy to join you part way on your ride west. Route 123 is a good one out by Keene. I should be allowed to PM by tomorrow.

Registered
The Portsmouth airshow
PLEASE NOTE: General Admission for the air show is free and does not require a ticket. Every vehicle is required to obtain a free or paid parking pass in advance of the show. ALL PARKING PASSES FOR THIS YEAR鈥橲 SHOW HAVE BEEN RESERVED. All Premium Seating tickets are SOLD OUT.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I believe you could see some of the show from the Home Depot or Walmart parking lots. Hilton Park or the Stoneface Brewery outside seating. You should be able to make a reasonable quick getaway from all these options. I've read businesses at Pease aren't allowing parking.

I haven't figured out how to PM yet.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cloud Water Sky Water resources Daytime

From the water. But I still think Home Depot might be a good vantage point.

Premium Member
I believe you could see some of the show from the Home Depot or Walmart parking lots. Hilton Park or the Stoneface Brewery outside seating. You should be able to make a reasonable quick getaway from all these options. I've read businesses at Pease aren't allowing parking.

I haven't figured out how to PM yet.
Several ways-The first one- where you would click to sign in, just below Alerts--is conversations-click on that- on the top right in Green is Start conversation-click that --you will see recipient -this is where you enter the user name, if the software recognizes the name after a few keystrokes, you can just enter--next you need a title--and the rest is easy

The second way is to click on the user @Deep Sea -Follow Ignore Start conversation

Registered
Nice pic. I did not make it to NH after-all. The friend I was going to see there said she could hear it and see some from where she was in Portsmouth.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts