Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone !

I'm new to the forum. Got my 2013 Versys a few months ago, got my license a few weeks ago (after a broken leg and four attemps : what a nightmare !).

If anyone's asking... yep, I'm French :p

See you soon (in 48 hours I believe).

·
Super Moderator
16,054 Posts
:welcome:

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
Hello everyone !

I'm new to the forum. Got my 2013 Versys a few months ago, got my license a few weeks ago (after a broken leg and four attemps : what a nightmare !).

If anyone's asking... yep, I'm French :p

See you soon (in 48 hours I believe).
:welcome:Broken legs and 4 attempts....sound like French fries:D

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Bienvenue sur le forum

Tu vas trouver une masse importante d'information sur le site

Quelques contributeurs se démarquent;
Invader, je sais pas si il a une vie autre que de tout savoir sur notre Versys, mais il est infatigable
Si tu poses une question et qu'il te répond, c'est surement bon
Aussi, FastEddie, beaucoup de savoir et un maître du wd40
Et quelques autres aussi très pertinenets

Et c'est 4 essais pour ton permis de moto ?
Et la jambe, en moto aussi ???
Pas chanceuse ...

Au plaisir

LOP

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome. I believe you owe us more details on the broken leg and four attempts to get your license :)
Sure !

#1, july : wanted to have my license very quickly, so I book the date before my class and discovered that the bike I was used during practical classes (brand new Honda CB500) weren't available for the exam. It was another driving school who rent bikes for the exams.
So, I paid for half a hour practical class just before the exam. The driving school used last century Buell and over the top used tires on a very old parking lot. At the end of the period, the rear tire went off and I felt on my side.
14 hours waiting at the ER, than the diagnostic : communited fracture of my left tibia plate. 10 weeks on crutches. Fortunately, no operation needed and only one bone was broken, not the tendon nor the ligament.

#2, october : I hear rumours that the exam will change in 2015 so I wanted to pass my exam that year. I book the last day, hoping that my leg was perfectly healed. But I was too scary and I ride really slow. I lost too many point for the speed and time.

#3, may : new year, new exam and the SAAQ didn't gave any clues about that new exam. So I arrived at the exam without knowing what technical skills will be evaluated. I failed to pass on second gear (that wasn't present last year) on the two last exercices. I needed to be at 25 km/hr on the second gear within about 17 meters : I didn't know that well the bike and felt all the time on the neutral gear so I failed again the exam. That was my only mistake but I lost too many valuable points.

By this time, I felt a bit desperate. I bought my Versys on march and wanted to ride with my boyfriend. Instead of pay again 200$ for a 4 hours pratical class and rent a bike for the exam, I asked Boyfriend to ride my bike at a empty church parking lot where I practiced for hours going first and second gear as fast as I could.

#4 : june : finally passed the exam with my Versys. Thanks to Boyfriend who miss a work day to drove it to and from the SAAQ so I could really know the bike I was riding.
(and they took off the second gear requirement for the last two exercices : too many failure ?)

Since then, I've been riding almost every weekend. Yeah !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bienvenue sur le forum

Et c'est 4 essais pour ton permis de moto ?
Et la jambe, en moto aussi ???
Pas chanceuse ...

LOP
Merci !

Ouep, 4 essais, sans compter les deux examens qui ont été reportés à cause de la pluie.

Mon erreur a été de faire confiance à une compagnie de location de moto de second ordre. Trop nerveuse, je n'ai pas fait attention plus qu'il faut et la roue arrière a dérapé et la moto m'est tombée sur le genou gauche.

Après 1 chute et 2 essais, je me suis tannée et je suis allée pratiquer dans un stationnement désert
avec ma moto. C'est ce qui m'a permis de passer l'examen sans trop de problème.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I'm pretty sure when I got my motorcycle endorsement (35 years ago) I just showed up on a DT400, rode around in a circle without putting my foot down, and got the box marked on my license.

It's probably a good idea to have a few more skills added into the tests. :)

The more you ride, the better you get!!!!

·
Registered
456 Posts
Here you just show up and pay, they take a picture and 20 minutes later you have a license. No wonder why it is so dangerous to ride in this country. Considering that airbags and ABS are not mandatory, I like to think that we just let Darwin take care of it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Avoid Mexico then !

Here's the 1 billion steps to have a motorcycle licence in Quebec :
http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/driver_licence/motorcycle/index.php

Honestly, if it wouldn't be for Boyfriend, I don't think I'll be riding. I doubt it's not only for our own safety, but to restraint futur drivers.

The driving school bill is 4-digits. That doesn't include registration (650$ for a 400cc+ regular bike), doubled licence fees, and insurance.

There's squid and we paid for them. I've been working as a nurse in a emergency room on a Level-I trauma center for 4 years. I've seen a lot of stupid motorcycle drivers who felt and wore nothing but tee, jeans and running shoes. I remember a 20-something guy who decided it was ''too hot'' for his trousers. He felt and I brushed him for hours on his friction burn to remove gravel and pieces of tarmac, without any medication. He cried a lot. Guess what ? He said that he would still be riding without any gear.

And, as for the society, all Quebec must pay for them...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts