Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new Dunlop Road Smart front tire for my V at www.motorcycle-superstore.com. out of Oregon. Used these guys in the past, always no shipping no tax and they will price match any web price as well.

To be honest, I actually got it for $90.99 instead of the advertised $110.99 because I had a $20.00 gift certificate when I bought my Nolan helmet from them in December.

No affiliation, just a great little company providing great value in these tough times.

Oh, yes and because I live in WA and they are in Medford OR, order today and I get it tomorrow!

Machog

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have purchased 4 sets of tires from them in the past 5 years. Great prices and great service. I have also purchased 6 helmets over that same time period. No complaints! I love their prices, no shipping charges and no tax!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Question 4 u ??????

I would love to know how you change the tires. The dealers around here all charge $25.00 a tire to change them if you bring them in off the bike (more if you just bring the bike in, and still more if you didn't buy the tires from them and that means raising both ends of the bike and removing both tires at the same time unless you make 2 trips).
I have looked at tire changing machines and balancers several times but I always stopped after seeing the prices (besides it seems it must be a lot of physical work that I shy away from whenever possible).
I sure would like to save the money they charge though as I go through 2 sets a year, that amounts to $100.00 plus doing half the work myself.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I would love to know how you change the tires.
I do it with my NoMar Tire Changer. I have three motorcycles to buy shoes for and change tires for friends also. It will pay for itself eventually but will take awhile. I enjoy doing all my own work and know it's done right. The absolute hardest tire to mount is the rear tire on an 1800 Goldwing. After doing it a couple times you learn the technique. These V tires should be a breeze compared to the wing.

·
Super Moderator
19,633 Posts
I would love to know how you change the tires. The dealers around here all charge $25.00 a tire to change them if you bring them in off the bike (more if you just bring the bike in, and still more if you didn't buy the tires from them and that means raising both ends of the bike and removing both tires at the same time unless you make 2 trips).
I have looked at tire changing machines and balancers several times but I always stopped after seeing the prices (besides it seems it must be a lot of physical work that I shy away from whenever possible).
I sure would like to save the money they charge though as I go through 2 sets a year, that amounts to $100.00 plus doing half the work myself.
I bought a bead-breaker from Whitehorse Gear for about $50, stands from T-rex ($150 for the 3...?), and I now balance my tires w/ "Dyna Beads". A small bottle of tire lube (or use WD40 - I have!) and you're in business. From the "V" on stands, to new front (Shinko Advance 005) installed and buttoned-up, Dyna Beads in... took about 2 hours, but I'm SLOW 'cause I'm OLD! ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts