Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just joined the site. Got my bike about a year ago and have loved every day of it. It's a 2011. Only mod so far is a set of Motocentric soft saddlebags. Looking forward to learning about the bike and seeing pics of all the other awesome looking Vs on here! Interested in using it for camping but have not done so yet. So far I just take it on nice country rides and commute to work.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Also, I think it has the wrong mirrors. I just noticed this after looking at pics of others' bikes on this site. Can anyone confirm?

·
Premium Member
16,226 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
Also, I think it has the wrong mirrors. I just noticed this after looking at pics of others' bikes on this site. Can anyone confirm?
:welcome: from greater San Antonio.

Your mirrors don't look stock to me - at least they're not the same as the original mirrors on my 2008 model. If you can see beyond your shoulders, they're better than stock and that's a good thing. The OEM mirrors let you see your shoulders and not very much more - in my case anyway.

A good number of members have replaced their stock mirrors. KTM Super Duke mirrors (my choice) and Aprilia Tuono mirrors are popular though a bit costly. Still, they're wide enough to see the road behind you and the cager coming up fast talking on his/her cell phone. :D

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
:welcome: OEM mirrors on my 2010 lead me to believe yours are not original.

Hey Capn,

That's one hell of a stone you picked up in your rear wheel. :D:D

By the way, I never knew William Shatner has so many different expressions; I always believed two was his maximum. ;)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys. I think the mirrors might have been swapped with an 09 at the dealer as they had two in stock. I forgot to mention, I also had them put the Pirelli MT60 shoes on there as part of the deal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts