Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I'm a new owner of a 2018 Versys 1000 LT, having traded my Super Tenere for something a little more street sporty (I was also looking at the Ninja 1000, but I have a bum knee that doesn't like to bend that much). Loving the inline 4 so far and I hope to learn a lot from the gurus here.

-Brian

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wow. How is it riding out there? How are drivers? And, how are the police?

Welcome. The guys who responded before me are the gurus here. Lot's of helpful people around here. Nice bike.

Let's see a pick of it against a nice Florida backdrop. What do you say?

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow. How is it riding out there? How are drivers? And, how are the police?

Welcome. The guys who responded before me are the gurus here. Lot's of helpful people around here. Nice bike.

Let's see a pick of it against a nice Florida backdrop. What do you say?

Riding down here is pretty good - we enjoy year-round riding weather, but here in SW Florida, there's not a lot of variation. Lots of straight, flat roads... The cops are hit-and-miss, but I've had pretty good luck, so I can't complain too much. Here's a pic I took this morning.

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Wow. That's such a beautiful machine. Seriously.

It still sounds fun out there. Maybe the cops are more interested in pulling over cars.

I was thinking about moving to the Tampa area in the next 3 years. I have friends in Jacksonville though, not Tampa. I try to ride year-round in the Bronx but it's not as much fun in the cold. Florida has always been so enticing.

Thanks for the input. And, have fun with your Versys 1000.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow. That's such a beautiful machine. Seriously.

It still sounds fun out there. Maybe the cops are more interested in pulling over cars.

I was thinking about moving to the Tampa area in the next 3 years. I have friends in Jacksonville though, not Tampa. I try to ride year-round in the Bronx but it's not as much fun in the cold. Florida has always been so enticing.

Thanks for the input. And, have fun with your Versys 1000.

Thanks - I'm very happy with it so far, and I'm sure that I'll love it even more when I don't have to baby the engine anymore.

The Tampa area is pretty nice, although it's a little too congested for me. I'm about 60 miles south of Tampa and I much prefer the quieter areas down here around Sarasota and Charlotte counties.

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
:welcome: I have 2 bad knees and a hip. The MotoWerk Foot Peg Lowering Blocks and MotoWerks Highway Peg Mounts with Rivcco Pegs to help on longer rides to get more comfortable....
Good thought, and they look good too. I'm thinking that I should be okay with the OEM setup, but I'm going to tuck this in my back pocket if I start feeling any soreness after a decent ride.

As an aside, are those Versys frame sliders, or did you get sliders and put Versys logos on them? I like the way they look.

·
Premium Member
16,156 Posts
Good thought, and they look good too. I'm thinking that I should be okay with the OEM setup, but I'm going to tuck this in my back pocket if I start feeling any soreness after a decent ride.

As an aside, are those Versys frame sliders, or did you get sliders and put Versys logos on them? I like the way they look.

There T-rex Frame Sliders. When i got mine they came with the Versys lettering printed on them. They have changed them......https://www.t-rex-racing.com/2015-2017-Kawasaki-Versys-1000-Frame-sliders-p/n254-15.htm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts