Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Versys people. I look forward to reading about your Versys adventures. Seems like I will also be lowering the height of the bike a bit. All seems good so far. I got the Versys to move to a more goat road (meaning old bumpy roads) friendly bike (instead of the cbr1000).

·
Premium Member
16,188 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the Versys. I think you'll find that you get to use the throttle a bit more on this bike, occasionally all the way to the stop! I lowered mine a few months into ownership after weighing the pros and cons. Handling and cornering clearance are still good and I can back it out of a parking spot now. I used the Moto Werk kit, great product and service.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey there Eric, I've heard crazy stuff about those out of control "SouthBayRiders":p. LOL. It's me Natalie/Msblade/Frosty. :D See ya on the New Years Ride if you go.

Did you lower your Versys? I do have the MotoWerk lower kit on order.

Welcome, Ms Blade. Try that SouthBayRiders forum for group rides.

Eric

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
:welcome: from San Antonio, TX

·
Registered
263 Posts
G'day there.. If your riding rough bumpy roads you might consider a better rear shock too, you can get away with unclicking some spring load at the least as the standard jobbie will turn you spine into a slinky with the upright seating position especially if your light.
A cheap fix is an older R1 shock i think 06 from memory that only needs the mounting eylet drilled out a wee bit to fit and is only a fraction longer in stroke.

But you know how it goes cheap bike, cheap suspension.
Super fun for the money but, and if you like your harder edged bikes then your gonna make arses out of your mates on one of these pea shooters..

·
Registered
37 Posts
Did you lower your Versys?
Yes, I'll do the New Years ride, if I'm around. See you there.
The tall seat isn't really an issue. I did do the R1 shock swap, and that gave a bit more sag than the stock shock. I'll be looking for a stiffer spring in the future.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts