Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All:
Just joined this forum, I own a 2007 Versys, Red with the only options are Power Bronze Sliders and swing arm protectors and spools. I put about 1500 mile on in the last few months of the 07 season. Best all around bike I ever owned, only complaint is its a little high for my short legs.
Regards to all,
from Pulllll

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lower my ride

I just ordered a lowering link from some one in the great white north (Canada) which states it lowers the rear 1.75" the fork is eay enough to lower. I'll post the results when I'm done.
Pulllll

·
Registered
318 Posts
I owned a 2001 Aprilia Mille that was not lowered correctly. I thought it was great when I bought it used as I could touch the ground easily. After owning it for a short time, I realized it was a bad bad thing to have. The bike would sway badly and buck when it was leaned over.

The V is a bit tall for me but I realized that being a short guy (5'7" with a 28 inseam). I have to slide off the seat a bit and stand with one leg on the ground. I've never been able to flat-foot both feet on any bike, so I've always done this.

I will never ever lower another bike as I've seen what happens when it's done improperly. I figure it's designed to work as they released it so therefore I will change my ways to make it work versus changing the bike to work for me and screwing it up.

Just something to think about.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lower Versys

Thank you for the advice and sharing your experience, I'll keep all posted as to my results. If I have to it's an easy to switch back to factory spec.
Pulllll

·
Registered
4 Posts
Kawasaki makes an about 2" lower seat, it's about 400.- though but in order to have a save stand, it's worth it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Lower Seat

I tried the lower seat, it's apx. 1/2" of gel pad. Lower but hard as a rock. Not for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Low Seat

I got to try both seats at the dealer in Mt.Sterling KY. at Gateway Cycles (Very Nice Folks BTW) They have a Versys with the stock seat and the low seat. I could tell very little difference in ether one.....except the low seat was not as comfy. Not worth the $400 IMO....

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lower and more comfortable

I installed the rear lowering link and lowered the front 1" by loosening the triple clamps. The bike now fits me and handles exactly the same. I'm much more comfortable at stop as well as mounting and dismounting, not feeling that the bikes going to drop. The seat is about 1 1/2" lower than stock, just perfect for me. Still need to lower the kickstand 1", then I'm done.
Pulllllhttp://forums.kawasakiversys.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

1 - 10 of 10 Posts