Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'15 FJR1300A
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, been lurkin', finally made myself official. Current ride is a '07 Tiger 1050. Looking at the V as a second bike. Looking forward to learning as muvh as I can, please don't leave out the less than positive information.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Welcome aboard. I was looking at a tiger 1050 as well before the V. I'd love to tell you something less than positive about the V, but I'm having trouble finding fault in it. The only thing I can say is it's tall, but that's more of my problem being short and all.

·
Registered
'15 FJR1300A
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Height really is not an issue for me, 6'1", 34" inseam. I had a Ninja 650R, liked the engine, hated the ergos.

·
Registered
318 Posts
From everything I've read, this engine is tuned even better than the 650R. I've never gotten to ride one so I can't compare, but I gotta say I didn't expect the engine to be as smooth as it is.

I think you'll love the bike if you ride it. I still can't get over just how good it is.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Versys vs. Ninja

I have ridden both the Ninja and Versys (07 and 08 respectively) and can testify that there is a difference in the way they make power. The Ninja seems to a distinct power band, coming on between 3000 and 4000 RPM. The Versys makes it power from the bottom up; a twist of the throttle and it’s there, regardless of the RPM. As far as the ergonomics, I definitely like the Versys better. It seems like a much more natural riding position.

I posted this picture already, but perhaps it’s worth posting again.

Peace

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts