Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. I am proud to say I just recently purchased a 2018 Versys 1000. Never thought I would buy a brand new bike, but there were circumstances that pushed me. I need to ride!!

I am lucky with my height, 5'10", and make some of the members of my women's motorcycle club jealous.

I am selling my beloved V Star 950, and so happy with my new Versys. The power is delicious!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome.

Dang that Versys 1000 looks good.
Thanks. Never owned a bike with a satin finish. I admit I enjoyed waxing my shiny V Star. Now it looks like all I have to do with the Versys is ride it! (And chain maintenance).

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
:welcome: & Enjoy the Versys 1000 Great choice in bikes I love mine...

·
Registered
363 Posts
welcome on board, i thought they only offered the red bikes in 18 models? maybe only in Canada
For '18 the 650 and 1k switched colors. The black/green was the '17 650 color and black/red was the 1k color, they swapped for '18.

congrats on the new bike. Have fun embarrassing sportbikes in the twisties haha.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats. Where in Mass. are you? I was raised in Methuen.

My '11 Versys had mat finish metal flake on the tank but I ended up polishing it. It was too hard to polish the plastics without getting polish on the tank.
I am half way between Leominster and Worcester. Nice roads near me, going up and around Wachusett Mountain.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone. I will make sure to read all the info for the forum. I am a moderator on StarBikeForums, so hopefully I will pick up the ins and out quickly. Thanks again!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome from one of the other few women on the board! I do like the looks of the 1000.
Awesome! Good to know I'm not the only long legged woman here. Haha. Looking forward to learning more about my new bike.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Awesome! Good to know I'm not the only long legged woman here. Haha. Looking forward to learning more about my new bike.

Congrats on your new Versys!

Let me ask, why the switch from a cruiser to the Versys? What piqued your interest enough to go the ADV route?

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Welcome aboard from the great state of Maine and Moosehead Lake. We pass by your area twice a year when we move from our winter home in San Antonio, TX, and Rockwood, Maine for the summer.

I was born, a long time ago, and raised in Andover and still have an aunt living there, but I no longer recognize the town. Too much time has passed between then and now.

Beautiful bike by the way. Enjoy and ride safely.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Welcome aboard from a 650 V rider. I hear the 1000 is a nice beast. enjoy. You will get great data from this forum.

·
Premium Member
16,186 Posts
Welcome aboard from a 650 V rider. I hear the 1000 is a nice beast. enjoy. You will get great data from this forum.

You had your chance to dance with one and you turned her down...Her feeling are still hurt over the rejection :grin2::grin2::grin2:

RayJ from Versys Forum by weljo2001, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 26 Posts