Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
I switched from using spray lithium grease to the Dupont wax spray. The Dupont seems to work just as well, but keeps the rim cleaner. The Dupont spray is more expensive, but worth it in my opinion. I have been using it since I bought my new Versys and have only had to adjust the chain twice in about 8500 miles. Be sure to lube the chain immediately anytime you get back from riding in the rain. The rain will wash the lube off of the chain and cause it to rust and kink. This is true of any chain lube.

·
Super Moderator
16,058 Posts
Has anyone here tried the new Dupont "Wax Based" Chain Lube?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DuPont-Teflon-Chain-Saver-11-oz/16672659

I've had good luck with the regular Dupont Chain Saver lube. I'm just wondering about this new stuff.

Or, maybe its the same stuff, and just the wording on the label and the shape of the can changed slightly???

Thats what i'll be using once i run out of my last can of the blue good stuff.......:grin2::grin2:

Chain Cleaning by weljo2001, on Flickr

·
Administrator
8,847 Posts
Figured out a Good product & Raised $

Has anyone here tried the new Dupont "Wax Based" Chain Lube?

https://www.walmart.com/ip/DuPont-Teflon-Chain-Saver-11-oz/16672659

I've had good luck with the regular Dupont Chain Saver lube. I'm just wondering about this new stuff.

Or, maybe its the same stuff, and just the wording on the label and the shape of the can changed slightly???
Only place I have found it in Canada is at Lowes, was there in the fall, discovered like the Polaris Regulator, they doubled the price and changed the looks of the can, at almost $12 it is still a good deal.

·
Super Moderator
18,828 Posts
Only place I have found it in Canada is at Lowes, was there in the fall, discovered like the Polaris Regulator, they doubled the price and changed the looks of the can, at almost $12 it is still a good deal.
Not as good a deal as WD40 for about $21 per US gallon...!

>:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts