Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always admired Dainese leather gear but could never justify the expense. Recently came across an almost new condition Dainese Charger jacket for a too good to resist price and snapped it up. While I have to say leather is not as practical for the temperature extremes as a good quality four season textile jacket this thing has better protection and is phenomenally comfortable in moderate (80F to 55F) temperatures. The front of the jacket has micro perforations. Not as cool as mesh in extreme heat but also better for cooler temps. It seems to have a moderating influence on the outside temp. It is warm when it is cool and seems cool when it is warm. Also has a full sleeve insulated liner. Fits like a glove, is nicely styled and has first rate protection.

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Nice jackets...if you have the money! Or score a deal.

Got 4 jackets and looking at a couple, to replace the worn mesh and 3/4 ones.

Two are leather and while I feel they might offer better protection they can get hot, even the perforated one and a wet leather jacket is not a fun thing to ride 500 miles in.

·
Premium Member
16,142 Posts
The GF son has a leather summer Dainese Jacket and a winter one also. Man the winter one is the heaviest jacket i've run across but they are sweet.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Just got my first leather jacket as a fathers day gift. It's a Tour Master Coaster 2, not the same quality as the Dianese I'm sure, but so far I really like it. It's heavy but has lots of venting, I'm sure it would save my skin better than my old textile jacket.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
With this in my closet I need to make more room. Is anyone interested in an almost new (no visible wear and lightly used as I have several other jackets) Teiz Tioga perforated leather jacket (size 40-42 large)? Price is $60 plus shipping. Color is light grey/pewter. See the review of this jacket

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/teiz-motorsports/tioga-camino-jacket.htm

1 - 6 of 6 Posts