Kawasaki Versys Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey! Just thought I would introduce myself real quick. I just bought a 2008 versys two weeks ago. My name is jason and I am from the front range of Colorado. Other than riding my biggest passion is whitewater kayaking. I am a biologist for USDA and am attending grad school. I am mostly here to seek the wisdom of those more seasoned than I am and also to meet cool new people. Anyone can drop me a message if you are interested in chatting. I especially interested in meeting other Colorado members!

Cheers!

Jason

·
Registered
114 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Jason! I grew up in Idaho Springs, Georgetown and Silver Plume (way back in the old days, before there was an I-70 carved through the Rockies). You've sure got a great place to ride - and to kayak! My whitewater days are long gone, but I still enjoy paddling an ultralight solo canoe around our Shawnee National Forest lakes.

My Versys is on the way - and I'll probably be able to pick it up sometime next week. Although I might (by default, at 256 years old!) be a bit more "seasoned" than you are, I doubt that I'm "cool" and I know I don't have much wisdom to offer. However, I did my own stint in graduate school - found out I liked it - and had a great career as a prof at Southern Illinois U. Along the way, I discovered that riding and paddling were great for stress relief, creativity, centering, etc. So, I think you're on the right path. Enjoy it - and let us know about some of your Colorado rides on your Versys.

Peace,
Kevin

1 - 2 of 2 Posts