Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a new RK gold chain & 44 tooth sprocket! Boy that counter sprocket is a PITA! Took the time to clean out all the gunk out of the nooks and crannies while the chain was off. I had about 13K on the stock chain, but I'm pretty poor about maintenance on it. I had noticed a pretty good vibration over 4K in the last few hundred miles that I'm hoping was caused by chain wear. Gonna wait till the morning to take it for a ride. Just wanted to share the good news!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Let us know how you like the 44t, I like mine . Also post a picture if you can with the gold chain, i kind of wish I had gone with A colored chain.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really like the 44t so far. I can't feel the loss of acceleration, though I'd think their must be some, and it's much more relaxed at higher speeds. I took a quick highway blast and cruising @ 75 was relaxed, and of course now it's much closer to actually going 75. But most of my riding is back roads, and even that drop in rpm just felt right. I also really like the gold color. I'm generally a pretty low-key guy in my bike add-on colors, I pretty much go with black whenever possible, but I had seen gold chains and thought it was nice and subtle. Just a nice little 'bling' LOL. I'll post up a pic later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts