Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, bought my 11' versys in oct and didn't have much time to ride befor I put it away for winter. The bike is basically stock, I would like to make a few upgrades. I am open to sudgestions

·
Premium Member
16,218 Posts
:welcome: Once your start riding the bike. You'll figuire out what you need on it and what you don't. Just enjoy it.:)

·
Registered
3,419 Posts
:welcome: I agree with weljo. Ride it for a while and see how you feel about it before changing or adding a bunch of stuff.

Wait a minute. Another Canadian, eh? Good Lord it's an invasion from the GWN! :eek: :D

·
Registered
3,434 Posts
Hey everyone, bought my 11' versys in oct and didn't have much time to ride befor I put it away for winter. The bike is basically stock, I would like to make a few upgrades. I am open to sudgestions
Welcome from Ontario. You can update your location in your User CP settings.

Twisted Throttle is a good source of aftermarket parts for the Versys in Canada.

Just my 2 cents on what mods are worthwhile, your results may vary......
My current bike is the second Versys I've owned. I've found SW-Motech crash bars will protect the bike completely from tip over damage and will save it from much more serious damage in a crash. They'll eventually pay for themselves if you have a mishap. A larger screen like the Givi or similar can improve the bike's looks (subjective) and makes the bike more comfortable in cooler weather or on the highway. My lockable top box (Givi) has proved very handy for commuting and touring. After owning Barkbuster hand guards I'm still not convinced they offer much functional benefit unless you are riding through the bush, heated grips are a much more practical investment in this climate IMO and also cheaper. The problem is the $150 handguards will bend the bars in a drop or crash at their inboard mounting point, this has happened twice to me, and they do not enhance cold weather comfort. Replacement brake/clutch levers on the other hand are dirt cheap on Ebay ($15).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Welcome

I agree with the others, ride it to see what your style is. The scale will tip the balance of farkles depending on if your more street or trail oriented. I've had my 07 since the fall of 08 and although I sometimes long for other bikes, all things considered its still the best all-rounder I've ever had.

As for the SW-Motek engine guards, they are the best fit and offer the best protection, however there has been some increased vibration issues. It tends to vary from bike to bike but initially on mine it was horrible. In the end fitting rubber pads between the guards and the frame and rubber fuel line on the C-clamps made all the difference. No more vibration problems.

It always performs: hot, cold, loaded or stripped. I've got over 40000km without a single problem. Sure if finances allowed I'd have a Ducati Multistrada, but the Versys is the best poor man's Strada hands down.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
welcome

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
:welcome:

The first thing I did was a fenda extenda because I had rocks hitting my radiator. To me this was not acceptable! :goodluck:

·
Super Moderator
19,602 Posts
:welcome: I agree with weljo. Ride it for a while and see how you feel about it before changing or adding a bunch of stuff.

Wait a minute. Another Canadian, eh? Good Lord it's an invasion from the GWN! :eek: :D
FIRST...:welcome:...!

Now some words for Arion:

Arion, Arion, Arion - how MANY times we gotta tell ya...

...it's "Canajen, eh...".... (accent on the ...jen...)

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
933 Posts
As others said, you won't know what you want until you ride it for a bit. For me, it was lowering blocks for the pegs (hint: search for Speedy on the forum. He makes great stuff), as I came from a KLR and found my knees were bent too much. For you, it might be something else.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts