Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've been brainwashed to be a Ford guy from a young age but I have to say, that new Camaro is a looker and has the power to back it up.

Hopefully GM can stick around to build more cars like this.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Bike riding, peg dragging, hot rod building Chevy guy! I'm not sure you could ask for a better life my friend! Care to adopt an adult child?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Glad you are selling them so fast as our dealership here has two. One ss and one plain and has had them a week and the owner told me they have not had one person interested in buying them. Lookers but nobody so far has considered buying one. SS is a black one and looks good but when i sat in it the dash is so high and the hood i can barely see over it. Granted i am only 5' 8" . I was really shocked they didn't have one sold before they even got delivery. Good looking car but not sure if it is the economy or the $38,000 sticker for the SS. Could be people are not sure of GM right now. I am a chevy man as i have a Corvette but to me the Mustang convertible looks better. Old style Camero is my style and i think it was a big mistake to stop makeing it. Does the new Camero come in a convertible?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Aren't they claiming like 30MPG from the new one?

I just saw a 1969 Camaro SS rag-top at the gas station this morning. It had that gurgling engine sound I love so much. Beautiful car with a very happy driver.

CC

·
Registered
371 Posts
I'd totally hit that!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably lose my license shortly thereafter though.... :clap:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Glad to hear they are selling. I have not seen many around here yet, but I am starting to see quite a few Challengers. I think I like the Challenger better. Cleaner lines, seems to try less hard to be retro, but looks more so. None the less, hope it's a good seller for Chevy!

·
Registered
451 Posts
In my area you tend to see a good share of Chargers, Challengers, Vets and Mustangs....but no Camaros yet.

I think most people are still very skittish on buying cars especially these models from these manufactures.

·
Registered
8,000 Posts
We already had two beautiful Challengers SRT 6.1's, and the 1st owned silver Camaro drove by in town yesterday. It does look great, and I like those exhaust bumper housings... The new Camaro has been seen here for years now actually, from our GMC cold weather testing facility.

·
Registered
124 Posts
The car is badass, no doubt. I'm not a big American car fan and I'd rock that in a heartbeat. Too bad GM couldn't have pulled their head out of their ass sooner and started making desirable cars like this one...

·
Registered
779 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The car is badass, no doubt. I'm not a big American car fan and I'd rock that in a heartbeat. Too bad GM couldn't have pulled their head out of their ass sooner and started making desirable cars like this one...
What does Toyota and Honda make ? Nothing but granny vehicles.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Must resist urge to spend money.

That car is sweet! I'm not liking the round exhaust tips inside the faux tips in the rear valence. Perhaps some black high-temp paint would hide them a bit.

·
Super Moderator
19,436 Posts
I've been brainwashed to be a Ford guy from a young age but I have to say, that new Camaro is a looker and has the power to back it up.

Hopefully GM can stick around to build more cars like this.
Read the latest issue of "Car and Driver" where they compare it, the Challenger R/T and the Mustang V8. Mustang has the LEAST horsepower but wins the comparo!!!
Ed :cheers:

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Read the latest issue of "Car and Driver" where they compare it, the Challenger R/T and the Mustang V8. Mustang has the LEAST horsepower but wins the comparo!!!
Ed :cheers:
Which goes to show that while power is always good, a balanced package is often better. That's why lots of us chose the Versys.

One of the reviews I read of the Camaro said the V6 was the better package...still plenty of power but less weight, more responsive steering and a better ride.

In any event, it's good that some new cars are selling.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts