Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Pavel, I live in Timaru, South Island of New Zealand and I have just bought myself a new 2009 Versys 650!
I always wanted to ride a bike and eventually got around it 8 months ago when I bought Honda Hornet 250 as my learners bike. I did a bit of touring in South Canterbury but mostly was commuting on it.
I read a lot fantastic reviews on Versys, tried a friend of mine's and fell instantly in love with it (with the bike, not with the friend).
My next big plan is a 10 day trip around South Island with a group of friends next January.

·
Premium Member
16,197 Posts
:welcome:

·
Registered
43 Posts
:welcome: Pavel!

I'm sure you'll be very happy with your V.....great choice!

My family emigrated to the States from Scotland many years ago(when I was a young boy), but they considered going to New Zealand or Rhodesia(now Zimbabwe), as well. I often wonder how different my life and my outlook on things would be, if they had decided on New Zealand or Rhodesia instead.

I've heard nice things about New Zealand and would like to visit one day.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Glazwegian.
I am sure States was a good choice and sure there are many beautiful places to ride. Not so sure about Zimbabwe though :) New Zealand, especially south island, is a great place and you might find it very similar to Scotland. Hope you will be able to see it for yourself one day

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
:welcome: Pavel!

I'm sure you'll be very happy with your V.....great choice!

My family emigrated to the States from Scotland many years ago(when I was a young boy), but they considered going to New Zealand or Rhodesia(now Zimbabwe), as well. I often wonder how different my life and my outlook on things would be, if they had decided on New Zealand or Rhodesia instead.

I've heard nice things about New Zealand and would like to visit one day.
Unfortunately I've never visited new Zealand though I would surely like to & it's on my bucket list.

Zimbabwe, however, is another matter all together. Last time I was in Zimbabwe - December 1995 - it still had the flavor of an ex-British colony (which it was at one time). Now things are VERY much different and I wouldn't care to return, especially as an Anglo and, thus, in the eyes of the local population something to be scorned and perhaps attacked. No thank you, I'd much prefer Middle Earth. :thumb:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah Arion, I'm sure glad my parents didn't decide on Zimbabwe, considering recent events.

I've had, and continue to have, a very nice life in the U.S. It truly is a wondrous country and I feel fortunate to be a part of it. I even married one of the natives. :usa:

·
Registered
3,408 Posts
Yeah Arion, I'm sure glad my parents didn't decide on Zimbabwe, considering recent events.

I've had, and continue to have, a very nice life in the U.S. It truly is a wondrous country and I feel fortunate to be a part of it. I even married one of the natives. :usa:
Interesting. My ancestors come from southwest Scotland by way of a few generations in the Isle of Man. I've frequently thought it would be interesting to "return to my roots." But then, perhaps our planned trip to the Isle of Man next month will be good enough.

Pleased you're enjoying the US of A. Seems so many complain about it that you would think it's a terrible place to live. Perhaps if it weren't for politics, we would all be happier. Or if the complainers had to live in another country for a few years they might see things quite a bit differently. The grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence as it happens.

Marrying one of the natives isn't at all bad. I've married several of them over the years! A friend refers to them as practice wives, and practice, as some sage once said, makes perfect. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts