Kawasaki Versys Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I always try to join a forum when I get a new bike. The 'hive' knowledge is second to non in my opinion.
I was given the pseudonym Mookyzook by my niece, then only 3years old, now well into her thirties. Scary how time passes.

I've been riding bikes for over forty years and had some pretty big and fast machines, but now as I get older decided to downgrade a little. Thus the 'baby' Versys X 300, my second brand new Kawasaki in ten years. The first being a ER6 which was a brilliant little bike.

I tend to spend all my holidays touring continental Europe each year, now with my son who passed his motorcycle test 3 years ago.
This year as I am getting close to partial retirement I thought I'd go mad and part exchange my Triumph Tiger for two of these little Kawasaki's. They'll still break the speed limit throughout Europe but cost a lot less to run and more importantly they are a lot lighter. Now I can risk a little off road.

Next year I fancy touring the States or Aus when I have more time, so it's interesting to read about your travels over there. We can do two or three countries in a day here but of course you can travel through completely different climates & landscapes and still be in your own country with no language barriers.

The weather has been dreadful here since we got our bikes and it's frustrating trying to run them in but hopefully the summer's at last on it's way. Can't wait to ride
:laugh:

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Welcome aboard!

Bath is a great place to visit, but I'll never drive there again! Narrow winding streets with no place to park is what I remember.

·
Super Moderator
19,433 Posts
:welcome: aboard!

...Next year I fancy touring the States or Aus when I have more time, so it's interesting to read about your travels over there. We can do two or three countries in a day here but of course you can travel through completely different climates & landscapes and still be in your own country with no language barriers....
Oh yah...? Guess you've NEVER experienced 'English' as spoken in New England, Louisiana, Georgia, Texas, New York or Newfoundland and the rest of Canada's Maritime provinces...!:wink2:

·
Registered
3,406 Posts
Welcome from San Antonio, Texas, where it can take you almost two days to cross the state from east to west. Or like someone once said when they heard that bit of information, "Yep I had a car like that once."

And remember also that it was George Bernard Shaw who famously said, "Britain and America are two nations separated by a common language." Understanding "American" isn't quite as difficult as understanding Cockney rhyming slang, or someone from Liverpool or Glasgow but regional differences throughout the U.S. can make it interesting even for Americans. But then, that's all part of the entertainment, unintentional or otherwise!

Disclaimer: I lived in Bury St. Edmunds, Suffolk, for just over 4 years - many years ago and enjoyed myself thoroughly.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts